Selected 2017 website postings for Focus’17 are listed below
Here are a few photos from the Focus ’17 reception:
Focus receptions are typically held the Friday after the opening of the exhibit and are open to the public as well as to the photographers, their families, friends, and colleagues.
Focus ’17’s reception was held on Friday, March 10, 2017. It featured an outstanding exhibit of photographs hung on walls throughout the library, a trio of fine musicians who delivered great jazz tunes with easy sophistication, and a tasty buffet of light fare, ending with the Focus ’17 awards ceremony as the evening’s finale. The reception attracted a good-sized crowd who strolled through the exhibit enjoying a fine, festive evening in Wilton’s smart public venue.
For Focus ’17 the volunteer team received and hung 174 entries submitted by 105 photographers representing 27 towns and cities in CT and NY. A breakdown of the numbers:
- 70 photographers submitted 124 works in the Adult division.
- 18 photographers submitted 25 works in the High School division
- 14 photographers submitted 19 works in the Youth division
- the 3 notable area photographers who judged Focus ’17 exhibit displayed 6 works on the Judges’ wall
Many thanks to our generous Focus ’17 Reception Sponsors who provided the buffet fare:
- Bridgewater Chocolate ~ Brookfield
- Portofino Restaurant & Bar ~ Wilton
- Stop & Shop ~ Wilton
- Village Market ~ Wilton
And once again many thanks to our esteemed Focus ’17 Exhibit Sponsors:
- Alice Snyder Real Estate ~ Wilton
- Beardsley Traveling Art Framer ~ Wilton
- Milford Photo ~ Milford
- Photographic Solutions LLC ~ Norwalk
- Rockwell Art and Framing ~ Wilton, Westport, Fairfield, New Canaan, Ridgefield & Stamford
All highly-regarded local businesses to whom the Wilton Arts Council is perennially grateful for their generosity!