Our 2018 website postings for Focus’18 are listed below
OUR THANKS TO ALL ~~~~~~~~~~
April 9, 2018 – For those who don’t get the hard-copy Wilton Bulletin, you can read our letter to the Editor re Focus ’18 that is now on the Wilton Bulletin website as well as on FaceBook and Twitter. A link to the Norwalk Hour/Wilton Villager letter will be put up when it is published.
AND THE FOCUS ’18 WINNERS ARE… ~~~~~~~~~~~
March 14, 2018 – The Wilton Bulletin just published a great article about the show based on their on-site reportage at the reception! Take a read at the Wilton Bulletin website.
March 15, 2018 – Good Morning Wilton published a great article about Focus ’18 which you can read at the Good Morning Wilton website.
Below, Focus’18’s Best Of Show winning photograph: Julie Frank, “Glow”
FOCUS ’18 KEY DATES ~~~~~~~~~~~
All Focus’18 events take place at the Wilton Library, 137 Old Ridgefield Rd, Wilton.
Exhibit on view:
Saturday, March 3 – Thursday, March 29, 2018
during library hrs:
Mon-Thu 10:00 am – 8:00 pm;
Fri 10:00 am – 6:00 pm;
Sat 10:00 am – 5:00 pm;
Sun 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Thursday, March 29, 2018, 5:00 pm
Thursday, March 29, 2018, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Friday, March 30, 2018, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
& Saturday, March 31, 2018, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
FOCUS ’18 ENTRY DETAILS ~~~~~~~~~~~
Who should enter FOCUS ’18
Adults, high school students, and youths (through 8th grade) who take original photographs, whether traditional or digital, are invited to enter Focus ‘18.
Photographs submitted must be original photos taken by the entrant. Photos that are at least 8” x 10” framed, and wired appropriately for hanging, may be submitted. Should the number of photos submitted exceed the exhibit space, one or more judges may screen the photos prior to hanging to choose those that will be exhibited. Photos chosen to be exhibited will then be judged in the divisions listed above.
- Each photographer may enter up to two photos not entered in previous years.
- Photos may be Black & White or Color.
- Photos must be framed, wired appropriately (i.e., wired with picture wire or cord extending across width of backside) and ready to hang. Total size of framed entry must be at least 8″x10″ including frame (the photo within the frame may itself be smaller than 8″x10″). Works that fail to comply with these specifications cannot be accepted.
- Fill out Entry Form and Label Form(s) found in the entry-form flyer, attaching one single Label Form to back of each entry.
- All entries are for sale unless marked “Not For Sale” on Entry Form.
All Entry Fees are NON-Refundable.
WAC Members pay $10 per entry.
Non-Members pay $20 per entry.
High school students pay $10 per entry.
Youths (through 8th grade) pay $5 per entry.
WAC accepts cash or checks; please make checks payable to Wilton Arts Council, Inc.
The Wilton Library will receive a 20% commission on the sale price from each photograph sold.
Sponsors for FOCUS ’18
- Alice Snyder Real Estate ~ alicesnyderrealestate.com
- Beardsley Traveling Art Framer ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Milford Photo ~ milfordphoto.com
- Photographic Solutions LLC ~ photographic-solutions-llc.com
- Rockwell Art and Framing ~ rockwellartandframing.com
Sponsors should be contacted for relevant discounts.
We look forward to your participation! If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
FOCUS ’18 ENTRY FORM ~~~~~~~~~~~
January 25, 2018 – The FOCUS ’18 Entry Form is ready and waiting for you.
- You can fill out the form online and then print it.
- Alternatively, you can download it to your computer and fill it out using Adobe Acrobat and then save it and/or print it.
- Lastly, you can print the blank form and then fill it out by hand – if you do, please print legibly.
- We would greatly appreciate it that when printing the entry form, if you would print it single-sided, not double-sided, to ensure the form’s legibility.
FOCUS ’18 POSTER ~~~~~~~~~~~
January 18, 2018 – Our Focus ’18 poster has just been finished. We look forward to seeing you at the Focus ’18 events!
WELCOME TO FOCUS ’18 ~~~~~~~~~~~
January 18, 2018 – FOCUS ’18 planning is underway. Our sponsors and judges have been contacted, have accepted and are very pleased to participate. And we cordially invite you to take part as a photographer entrant, a Focus team volunteer, an exhibit attendee … or as all three!
The Focus ’18 exhibit will be on view at the Wilton Library from Saturday, March 3rd through Thursday, March 29th, 2018. This year’s exhibit represents the 20th year of our annual Focus photography exhibits presented by the Wilton Arts Council. Please note that the annual Focus photo exhibits:
- Are open to everyone regardless of town of residence, and we regularly attract photographers and viewers of all ages from 25 or more towns and cities in CT and NY.
- Are open to three age-based divisions of photographers: Adults; High School (9th through 12th grade); and Youths (old enough to hold a camera through 8th grade).
- Have the distinction of being judged by a panel of three notable area photographers.
Photographers, if you’d like your photographic work to be seen and thoughtfully appreciated by a large audience of people of all ages who love the arts, this is your show!
To enter your work in the exhibit, please complete a Focus ’18 Entry Form (detailed entry instructions are on the form) and bring it with you to the Focus ’18 Photo Drop-off.
And if you have an interest in volunteering, the Focus ’18 Planning Committee needs your help and we would love to have you on board to make this year’s exhibit great! You may already know that we are an all-volunteer committee who organizes this show with the goal of fostering an appreciation of the arts in the community. It’s a fun, rewarding experience to volunteer together as a team with other great people who appreciate the importance of art in our lives. All are welcome to volunteer for any or all activities.
We are very interested in your ideas for Focus – and for WAC – and hope you’ll be able to take part in Focus ‘18. Please contact us with your questions and/or ideas, or to be one of the wonderful people willing to volunteer for our Focus ’18 team activities, or to receive email reminders for each of the Focus ’18 events. Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please spread the word to your family and friends – and don’t forget to encourage youths and high school students to participate!
We’re looking forward to Focus ’18 being a resounding success for the community and for all who join in as volunteers, photographers, and exhibit-goers in this annual celebration of photography. With you on board, it will be.